Department of Mathematics, Tokyo Institute of Technology
My research interests are mainly in topology of 4-manifolds and mapping class groups of surfaces, especially in various aspects of Lefschetz fibrations.
Published Papers (refereed)
- H. Endo and A. Pajitnov, Circle-valued Morse theory for spun knots and surface-links, the Michigan Mathematical Journal 66 (2017), no. 4, 813-830; MR3720325.
- H. Endo and A. Pajitnov, On the Morse-Novikov number for 2-knots, Osaka Journal of Mathematics 54 (2017), no. 4, 725-736; MR3715359.
- H. Endo and S. Kamada, Counting Dirac braid relators and hyperelliptic Lefschetz fibrations, Transactions of the London Mathematical Society 4 (2017), no. 1, 72-99; MR3653055.
- H. Endo, I. Hasegawa, S. Kamada, and K. Tanaka, Charts, signatures, and stabilization of Lefschetz fibrations, In: Interactions between low-dimensional topology and mapping class groups (Max Planck 2013), Geometry and Topology Monographs 19 (2015), 237-267; MR3609910.
- H. Endo and S. Kamada, Chart description for hyperelliptic Lefschetz fibrations and their stabilization, Topology and its Applications 196 (2015), Part B, 416-430; MR3430986.
- H. Endo, T. E. Mark, and J. Van Horn-Morris, Monodromy substitutions and rational blowdowns, Journal of Topology 4 (2011), no. 1, 227-253; MR2783383.
- H. Endo and Y. Z. Gurtas, Lantern relations and rational blowdowns, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 138 (2010), no. 3, 1131-1142; MR2566578.
- H. Endo, A generalization of Chakiris' fibrations, In: Groups of Diffeomorphisms, Advanced Studies in Pure Mathematics, Vol. 52, pp. 251-282, 2008; MR2509712.
- H. Endo and D. Kotschick, Failure of separation by quasi-homomorphisms in mapping class groups, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 135 (2007), no. 9, 2747-2750; MR2317948.
- H. Endo and S. Nagami, Signature of relations in mapping class groups and non-holomorphic Lefschetz fibrations, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 357 (2005), no. 8, 3179-3199; MR2135741 (2006g:57051).
- H. Endo, M. Korkmaz, D. Kotschick, B. Ozbagci, and A. Stipsicz, Commutators, Lefschetz fibrations and the signatures of surface bundles, Topology 41 (2002), no. 5, 961-977; MR1923994 (2003f:57051).
- H. Endo and D. Kotschick, Bounded cohomology and non-uniform perfection of mapping class groups, Inventiones mathematicae 144 (2001), no. 1, 169-175; MR1821147 (2001m:57046).
- H. Endo, Meyer's signature cocycle and hyperelliptic fibrations, Mathematische Annalen 316 (2000), no. 2, 237-257; MR1741270 (2001b:57047).
- H. Endo, A construction of surface bundles over surfaces with non-zero signature, Osaka Journal of Mathematics 35 (1998), no. 4, 915-930; MR1659565 (99m:55017).
- H. Endo, Linear independence of topologically slice knots in the smooth cobordism group, Topology and its Applications 63 (1995), no. 3, 257-262; MR1334309 (96c:57010).
- T. Ashikaga and H. Endo, Various aspects of degenerate families of Riemann surfaces, Sugaku Expositions 19 (2006), no. 2, 171-196; MR2279776.
- K. Akutagawa, H. Endo, and H. Seshadri, A gap theorem for positive Einstein metrics on the four-sphere, preprint, arXiv:1801.10305.
- H. Endo, Lefschetz fibrations, preprint, February 7, 2018.
- H. Endo and Y. Z. Gurtas, Positive Dehn twist expression for a Z_3 action on ¥Sigma_g, preprint, arXiv:0808.0752.
Tokyo Tech Postdoctoral Researcher
- Wataru Yuasa (Quantum invariants, mapping class groups)
- Takuya Ukida (4-manifolds, Stein surfaces, Lefschetz fibrations)
JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow (PD)
- Takahiro Oba (Symplectic and contact geometry and topology)
- Akira Miyamura (Lefschetz fibrations, contact geometry)
- Ayaka Ise (4-dimensional topology, homotopy 4-spheres)
15 students belong to our laboratory in January-March 2018: 4 postdocs, 4 in doctor course, 4 in master course, and 3 undergraduates.
Date of birth: December 22, 1968; Place of birth: Fukushima Prefecture
April 2012-Present: Professor, Department of Mathematics, Tokyo Institute of Technology
April 2003-March 2012: Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Osaka University
April 2000-March 2003: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Tokyo Institute of Technology
November 1999-March 2000: Visiting Researcher, Mathematics Institute, University of Munich
January 1996-December 1998: JSPS Research Fellowships for Young Scientists (DC2/PD)
December 1997: Doctor of Science, Osaka University
March 1993: Master of Science, Osaka University
March 1991: Bachelor of Science, Osaka University
Address: Department of Mathematics, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8551, Japan
Office: Room 204, Main Building, Tokyo Institute of Technology
email: endo "attomaaku" math.titech.ac.jp
Copyright © Hisaaki Endo All Rights Reseaved.